Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm a Right-Wing-Nut-Job how about you?



Historic Election? Today in the office there was much discussion of the election results (as you would expect). One of the more interesting parts I thought was a discussion of Al Franken and his run for Senator in MN. The focus of the discussion was how extreme Franken's views are and how could he ever be elected. I reminded them that MN had recently elected Jesse Ventura as Governor. "Yeah but he wasn't that bad" was the response. So then I said Obama has been judged the most liberal Senator currently in office (by multiple independent groups) - yet he was elected to the highest office in the land. What a politician thinks is not always what is important to voters. Others commented that Obama will lean back to the center. I'm not so confident.


Many of you have heard me say term limits are something DC really needs to help clean house and prevent all the good-ole-boy pork barrel type stuff. In the same way I can see good in a DEM President for a change. I think we will benefit from "some" house cleaning...but let's not let it last too long because some may throw out the baby with the bathwater.

No comments: