Cory's been begging for a while to go fishing. BEGGING. In fact, he really wanted to go with Grandpa when they came to visit. Unfortunately we didn't get it worked out, but Grandpa, being the wise, ahem, old man that he is, spent some time teaching him how to cast in the yard. It was very sweet, and Cory loved it.
But it still wasn't fishing, and Ted promised him that they'd go fishing--no excuses. This past Sunday, after we got back from church and lunch, Ted and Cory gathered their fishing gear and headed out. And they did not disappooint
Of course, when it was time to do the real work, Cory was nowhere to be found!
They were a yummy addition to our dinner that night--at least for Ted and me...the kids wanted nothing to do with them!
Monday, May 21, 2012
Today, after a little internet researching and studying, we produced our own Picasso-like faces.
Here's what we know:
Here's what we know:
- Picasso helped create Cubism, an art form that takes an object and breaks it down into its simplest shapes--cubes, rectangles, spheres, triangles, cones--and puts them back together in an abstract way.
- African masks amazed him. He used them in his paintings and started collecting masks.
- He was from Spain, but moved to France where he did most of his work. His dad was an artist as well. His mother claimed his first word was "piz piz" short for the Spanish word lapiz meaning pencil
- He used objects around him and put them inside his paintings.
- He was not just a painter, but also a sculptor.
Sunday, May 20, 2012
Thought it might be fun to see some random pictures from our recent days. Enjoy...
Co-op year end presentations--Lucy's music class
|Could Lucy be any sweeter?|
Visiting Lake Barcis--the colors there are beautiful
Gelato at the Grand Canal in Venice
Thursday, May 10, 2012
Judging by the smiles, I think everyone's having a fun time!
teaching Grandpa how to play Ninja in the backyard
roasting toes and marshmallows at the patio fireplace
sightseeing in Salzburg, Austria
singing songs from the musical at The Sound of Music pavilion in Salzburg, Austria
a first ever pony ride in Lipica, Slovenia
sharing some of Grandpa's espresso in Barcis, Italy
enjoying a Coke and Cappucino break in Aquileia, Italy