Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

December in Review: Operation 4 Eau

My remarkable husband planned a mini retreat for me with 3 of my girlfriends--without me ever realizing it!  Apparently he'd been scheming for months, and it was the perfect gift for my 40th birthday.

We had a rental house on Lake Hamilton just outside of Hot Springs.  It was very beautiful, with early morning fog while we sipped our coffee before it turned into a beautiful sunshiny day for shopping.

We get together on a near annual basis, and we always have a theme and logo--which we usually iron onto a pair of pajama pants or a t-shirt.  This year, though, they went pro.  They designed the logo based on Ted's initial email to them, and then one of the gal's brothers helped get it printed onto coffee mugs and screen printed onto our pj pants (love me my pj pants).

The foodies of our group researched the restaurants, and we ate well--very well.

We went to a "winery" to taste some of the local vino--but returned to the house to enjoy some of my favorite I'd brought from Italy.

We didn't have any spa time planned, but enjoyed walking through Fordyce Bath House and looking at the "state of the art" bath houses from bygone days.


And we enjoyed shopping in the stores and galleries along Bath House Row, seeing the natural hot springs water flowing through both beautiful and functional fountains, and shopping (did I already mention that?).

Somehow I managed to come home without the $400 pair of boots I was drooling over.  But I'm pretty sure I did bring home a few extra pounds from all the yummy food we found!

Thanks Ted, Marta, Mary Beth and Lisa--You Guys Rock!

No comments: