Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Favorite Day

Thursday is currently my favorite day of the week...it's Pajama Day for me. It's a day that I have no where to go, so I usually putz around the house reading to the little kids or doing chores here and there. Clean a bathroom or two, fold some clothes, tidy up the sty that is our bedroom/craftroom/family gathering spot. It's Cory's day to clean his room, too, so I usually help him do that. In so doing, he put away his laundry and found his "cool clothes" (he had looked earlier and told me he didn't have any "cool" pants to wear). So he is dressed--as an Army guy, of course. We have yet to convince him that the Army isn't as cool as the Air Force. And I have yet to convince him that the airplane on his shirt isn't an Army plane. Once again, he's 5--if it's brown/gray camouflage it's Army. I read him a story this morning--an adaptation of the Emperor's New Clothes. There was a brief mention of the Emperor's soldiers, so for the rest of the story he was searching the pictures for pictures of the soldiers. That's my guy, for you. For any of you with little 2-4 year olds, I highly recommend Hug by Jez Alborough. That's another book we've been reading. Lucy loves it. Actually, Mr. Alborough has several books that I really like. Look for one the next time you go to the library.

It really is a great morning, and makes me long for those days before anyone was in school and we could do this pretty much every morning.

No comments: