Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ted the Ice Man



I must admit I was skeptical. Very skeptical. So skeptical, in fact, that it caused a rare moment of tempers flaring across the room between us (as guests at a friend's house, no less) during the early discussions.

However, I am happy to admit that I was wrong. Very wrong. So wrong, in fact, that I'm willing to publicly announce it to all of you.

The ice rink is terrific, and Ted has done a fabulous job of working on it and making it a fun place to play. I love that the kids have a chance to ice skate without a trip to an indoor rink (mostly because it means I can stay inside where it's warm! Those ice rinks are COLD!). I'm also glad that Cory can "play hockey" without us having to fork out the big bucks to "PLAY HOCKEY." When you're five you don't know the difference.

There's still a lot of winter to go, and Ted and I have both noticed/commented on a significant bow in one of the boards. I hope that the ice doesn't break it before the kids have gotten their full thrills.

So, Ted, if you happen to read this, you are amazing. Freedom Rink is fabulous, and our kids are lucky to have a dad as crazy as you (because, honestly, this was a crazy idea).
Posted by Picasa

No comments: