Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

Clearly not from the South

I love to have my drinks poured over ice. It's part of me and my personality you might say. I just think most drinks taste better poured over ice. I chalk it up to my Southern upbringing.

I've had to make a few adjustments to that part of my life here in New England. They just don't think the same way. Drinks that are not supposed to be ice cold apparently. The other day when we went into Boston we had lunch at the Fanueil Hall foodcourt. I had to search a little, but I was able to find one vendor that sold Dr Pepper. Of course it was in a bottle and just barely cold. I asked the lady behind the counter for a cup of ice. She says sure and turns away to fill my order. She has to go in the back but eventually returns with a receptacle and ice. I just had to roll my eyes and walk away. Here's a pic.


In case you can't really make it out. The receptacle is actually a small bowl for ice cream. Not a drinking cup. I'm not sure what she expected me to do with the 2 bottles of DP and the BOWL of ice. But at least I had ice. You can also see K's shrimp roll in the background. I had "fresh" peel-n-eat shrimp. We debated how fresh the fish really was (being served in a shopping center food court - even though we were less than a mile from the Boston Bay), but regardless it was tasty. Next time I'll just have to bring along my own 52 oz Bubba keg.

No comments: