Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

As You Wish

A week or so ago we got a flier from our insurance company with special "deals" for their customers. We get these regularly, and they're for things we really have no need for--like expensive jewelry and flowers. Your basic junk mail. I thumbed through a recent one with the floral specials, and found one I loved. I circled it and put it on top of the stack of mail. Ted seemed to totally disregard it, so the next day I said something about it, telling him I would like that particular floral arrangement. He still seemed to be not listening (or at least that's how it seemed to me), so I gave him a more overt clue, telling him that he needed to buy these for me. That seemed to do the trick. He made the arrangements (I kill myself), and these beautiful flowers (with my favorite flowers-daisies) now adorn my table.

I wonder how Ted would tell this story.

No comments: