Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Construction Projects

While we were in Ohio, Ted stayed home and built a desk for the girls. He used some modular storage pieces to be the legs of the desk and a piece of precut lumber for the top. After assembling the modular pieces and putting a few coats of polyurethane on the top piece, it was ready to be put together. Just in time for school to start next week! Disregard the crazy alignment of pictures--those are going to have to be rearranged--that's my job.

While Ted was building a desk, I had my own construction project. My girlfriend and I each made an American Girl doll dress "closet" using a wooden crate/box from Michael's and a simple dowel. All we had to do was drill a hole in each side
and then secure the dowel through the holes.
Voila! The girls are going to decoupage the box with cutout pictures of various dolls--it will be a great project for them.

No comments: