Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

Flashback Friday

So, we're going to take you back in time, but only about a month or so. When we picked Riley up from camp in Maine last July we stopped in Ogunquit, ME, on the way home. It's a cute little seaside town with a nice walkway along the sea called Marginal Way.
As usual, the kids were less than thrilled with their parents' plans, but along the way they enjoyed climbing on the rocks and collecting rocks.


We stopped for lunch and then went to get some ice cream. The story gets a little interesting at this point because we realized the shop only took cash. Ted didn't have much cash, and although earlier that day I assured him I had plenty of cash, I left my purse in the van for our walk, so at the shop I had no cash at all. Oops. So, Ted starts digging through his Costanza-ish wallet looking for money hidden in different places. What he found was a few $2 bills that my dad likes to give the kids. We asked how much the ice cream was, and figured we had enough to get each kid one cone--but that was it. Of course, it was on this day that I actually wanted ice cream, too (I usually don't get any), but now couldn't get any. Riley ended up picking some candy thing that cost as much as the ice cream. It looks like they enjoyed it.

We also found a geocache on the walk--which was hard to do with all the other "muggles," as random passers-by are called, walking along the path. Unfortunately, we were once again unprepared--we didn't have a pen to sign the log. So I guess the moral of this story is that I shouldn't leave my purse behind.

No comments: