Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tent life


We made it safe to Kuwait. Standard military travel. Hurry up and wait. the worst was the last leg we sat on some buses for a long long time (read 3 hours) waiting for the convoy to form up. uugh. Especially after you have been up for a full day crossing so many time zones.


so we make it to our Air Base and I got all my bags - yeah - but didn't get some bedding for a few hours. so I had a bunk...but couldn't get warm enough to sleep. eventually a blanket, a belly full of hot food (biscuits and gravy) and I was out for a few hours. I made a tactical decision to not bring a blanket (to keep bags as small as possible and easy to travel). We'll see how smart that one was.
tomorrow some more equipment issue and some training. final destination in a few days depending on airlift. Pic is of my 40 square feet. for a few nights.


2 comments:

Team Caffeine said...

Looks a little like the quarters on M*A*S*H. Where's Hawkeye and the moonshine still?

T+K said...

I've heard it suggested that you should have just cuddled up with the laptop to get warm!