Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Best Korean Food I've Ever Had - In Kuwait

Someone in our group acquired a truck. I'm not sure how, nor do I really want to know. But I did enjoy taking a ride to the Army side of the base and enjoying dinner. There is an oriental restaurant there they told us, and Brandon and I were both up for something different from the standard fare. We ventured off and found it without much problem. Our excellent guide took us right to the front door. It’s a business run by the same AAFES people who run all the other eating establishments around here, but at this one you actually sit down and someone takes your order so it is a novelty. The only other time I “ordered” in the last six months was my few days on R&R at the fake Chili’s. Brandon was excited to get some Korean food, me I’m more of the American-Chinese type food guy. He had the Bulgogi and I had the Sweet and Sour Shrimp. They had chopsticks and English as a second language staff. It was just like back in the states.
We enjoyed that food actually had some spice as well. I sampled the mushroom soup and Brandon had the Kimchi before the main course. There were quite a few people there and it looked like for lunch they have a quick style serving like in the mall food courts. Chuck told me I missed ribs in the D-FAC. No biggie. My shrimp was yummy.
Just a few more days till our rotator. Wahoo!

No comments: