Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2008

A few shots from the last day there

Now that I am in a place that has a little better internet connection I'll try to add a few photos and share with you some of the good things about Camp B. I've whinned about the heat. Here's a pic I took the last day we were there. This thermometer was outside Brandon's POD. as you can see it was pegged past 120 most of the time. I'm sure it isn't the most accurate gauge, but you get the idea.
Also here's a pic of what I like to call Lake Bucca. I think they busted a water tank or some sort of storage container a few months back. One day there was suddenly this giant pond of water. It is slowly evaporating now. It looks like someone fashioned a boat from a chair and some barrells, but I never saw anyone out on the lake (I'm sure it wa done after dark to avoid trouble). Brandon and Phil posed for me as well (my camera skills were off that day and it did not occur to me that they would be so far away from the pic that you couldn't see them - sorry). I think I posted in the past about this exotic sunny vacation type location. Lake Bucca is just one of the many amenities for people to enjoy there. Boating was not on the original list, but I'm sure someone will add it.



No comments: