Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I Came I Saw I Judged

As I sit and wait for the 3 day travel event to kick off - I thought I would enter one last blog before I leave the Desert. The last few days have been extremely windy and sandy. It certainly has not made me want to stay any longer.

Our group is whole again – Javi – who we left in Baghdad made it back to us last night. His experiences were very similar to ours at Camp B. He was at the other detention facility in Baghdad sitting on the same type of review boards.

I feel proud knowing that what I did made a difference to some. I know the war is far from over, but at this point it is clearly a fight for the hearts and minds more than for small tactical advances.

I know the adjustment to home will have some bumps. Just like I have changed, I know that the family has changed as well. My 6 months away has taught me many lessons, most of all…live for the now. You never know what tomorrow will bring. Hopefully the next blog will be from a much friendlier place...

No comments: