Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Clinkety-Clank

Long time readers of TEA will remember Pops, the Baghdad DFAC guy who shouted “99 types of wings tonight.” I have commented that we needed something like that here to energize things a bit. Well tonight it occurred to me we do have something similar. The guy who runs the cook to order grill station (hamburgers and steak sandwich) clangs his knife and spatula in a melody. But it’s more than that…it’s got a rhythm to it. Think of Japanese steakhouse mixed with a Grambling University drum line. It’s actually quite catchy. Although, I think he needs to work on an intro and a big finish. He just has the melody part down. Nothing else – repeated over and over and over. In case you were wondering, yes he usually does have quite the line at dinner.

Sorry I know it’s always food. I could just talk about the weather and say it’s hot all the time.

No comments: