Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother’s Day

To all the Moms in my life - HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

I bought Mother’s Day cards soon after they were on display (a very small display) at the PX then mailed them out in plenty of time to make it to their destination before today. I ordered some flowers for K, and then I tried to call on the special day. But you know it just wasn’t enough. I didn’t feel like I did enough to reward K on her day of pampering. She works so hard to manage the little ones even when I am around, much less when I am half a world away.

My sister and niece have been in town visiting her and the kids for the last few days. Today they went into the big city and saw some sights prior to them flying out later in the afternoon. When I talked to K I could tell she was worn out. Maybe I’ll have a makeup Mother’s Day later in the year when I can do it right. Yummy breakfast and some special treat all the kids get to help with – that will have to be my new plan.

We had a special dinner for Mother’s day – it was seafood night, but that throws off the whole week because now what will they serve on seafood night? It’s all confusing.

Gravel – I have mentioned before that the new guard force that works at our area has been working to change things and make it better/different. Well they are putting gravel and sandbags down to make some nice walkways. There is debate amongst the board members about the benefit of the gravel versus just walking on packed sand. I’m a packed sand guy. I never knew how much I missed grass and sidewalks till you spend considerable time without them.

Food supply list update: We got sugar back but then ran out of bagels/breads and orange juice.

No comments: