Pages

Friday, May 9, 2008

What a great weekend!

My weekend starts on Thursday. When we finish our cases for the day we don’t have to review for the next because we honor Friday as the local custom for a religious day and don’t hear cases. I’ve mentioned this before. Well anyway that afternoon allows us a few minutes to do some other tasks that get neglected during the week or just knock off early. After dinner most of us watched a movie in the MWR lounge. Then I was able to sleep in…till 7ish. Next up is a slow breakfast where we told the same stories over and over and shared frustration on the job. Then back to the POD for a few hours of relaxation before the weekend is over and I’ll head back to the courthouse and the new week starts mid-day Friday.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not trying to whine. I just want to give you insight into the daily life here. My job is not physically taxing…it is clearly a mental marathon. Seeing the same kinds of things every day and trying to sort through the cases to make independent assessments. Others have more difficult tasks and my job stress is nothing compared to those that go in harms way everyday with bullets whizzing by. Make no mistake about it they have the tougher road. I live a life of luxury with A/C, hot food, and a soft bed. But my fight is a never-ending battle of sorting truth through a not so clear haze of information.

Here's a pic of some of thr crew loading up in our truck one morning before heading to work.


Our thoughts are shifting to the next group and how we can set them up for success and make things better for them. More on that some other time. It’s time to shower up for the new day.

No comments: