Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Stars

The weather had been bad for many days. As we were sitting outside shooting the breeze and listening to the gentle hum of the generator...someone looked up and said "OH - it's starting to clear, I can see a star" So we all stare up and say - yep there it is. (See how boring it is here sometimes).

Still haven't seen the CNN Video. We've tried to load it up a couple of times but about 10 seconds in it always seems to fail. Oh well. Someday we'll see it.

K sent me some of my Simpsons DVDs a while back. I watched an episode last night - "A Streetcar Named Marge" Anyway one of the subplots of that episode was Maggie in a daycare and the babies have a parody of "The Great Escape" - It was hillarious as I thought about my friends here and their attempts to escape as well. Maybe you just have to be here to appreciate some of that humor. But Maggie and the rubber ball and the playpen punishment is the best.

Sorry for no blogs in the last few days. No luck with the internet sometimes. Jeffy - you will be happy to know I was able to share our Rim-River-Rim in one day story tonight. It was a good one (as always). I get a lot of mileage out of that story. If you don't know that story you have to buy me a beer and I'll tell it (preferably one with alcohol - unlike tonights drink of choice).

No comments: