Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad

I just wanted to send out a note to my Dad – I love you and wish you a Happy Birthday. You taught me to be true to my word and to treat people with respect. Those lessons have proved invaluable to me as I deal with the things I see every day here in the Desert. I pray I can be the same example to my son. Thanks


Reader Mail

Some have commented and I need to respond:
#1 Gravel – but what about the rain and the mud you opined about so much in Baghdad? Excellent point. I agree mud is bad – but it’s temporary and the rainy season is short. The dry season is long. And I said I liked the packed sand. The loose sand – I agree gravel is better. So what do I mean with all this doublespeak? Small amounts of gravel in areas of high traffic and loose sand…otherwise it’s just a waste (of taxpayer dollars and resources). Just my opinion. Others say differently.

#2 Food – all you do is talk about food? You are right – that’s all I talk about because it is all I can talk about. I try to protect the good guys and keep the subjects away from things that could be used by the bad guys. Sorry - food it is.

So let’s talk about food for the day. Apparently we have an ant problem because people left some food in a room or rooms too often at the courthouse. So the courtrooms are now sans food items. Grrrr – I need snacks. Also if you are a Camp B news junkie you’ll have heard about the complaints of guards working without food. Of course the story was overblown – but anyway – the solution is being put into place. This week for lunch we had a more cafeteria style serving where we had a few large containers and our guards served it onto a tray instead of someone else making the food hours prior back at the D-FAC, packaging it, and driving many small Styrofoam containers out to us that would sit out for quite some time. I liked the new plan. Mostly because it is hot food. Thanks to my father that is one of my issues in life – eating a hot meal versus cold one.

No comments: