Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Digital Thoughts Day 2

In the continuing theme of changes with technology. We have been rounding up everyone’s pics to put on one DVD so we can all share and reap the benefits of many cameras versus one. (As a side note One of the shops at one of the bases I have been to here in-country was a photo processing shop. I wonder who actually is taking pictures with film any more?) The point is that we are all able to take home pics and share and not fret about – wish I had a copy of that photo or had brought my camera. Almost always someone has a camera.

Speaking of photos…here’s one of me on R&R. Not sure what we were doing probably playing dice or something silly.


I’ve seen rumors of Obama coming to Iraq this summer. I wonder if he will make a stop here at Camp B? McCain did a few months ago. He was scheduled to come to the courthouse area, but it was one of the last items in the day and of course they were behind schedule and he never made it to the courthouse. We had a whole mess of people outside waiting to greet him – but then it was canceled.

One of our guys will pin on Capt this week. We have a handful of LTs out here. He’ll be the first of our group to pin-on while here. Not sure what we’ll do to celebrate.

One last thing. I’m noticing a disturbing amount of graffiti on the buses we ride in. People are taking black markers and writing not so pleasant things about others on the backs of seats. What motivates people to do that? At least try to be funny or something. Silly kids. Must be that crazy rock music they listen to.

No comments: