Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2008

I (State Your Name)…

One of our mighty Lieutenants pinned on Captain today. He was not going to have a ceremony until all the Majors put a guilt trip on him so he would actually do it. After we convinced him - he had to pick one of us to actually administer the oath and perform the ceremony. He picked me. So we (all the permanent MNFRC guys) gathered as the sun went down on the CB stage and had a quiet ceremony. We had some pretty bad sand storms throughout the day so I was not sure how it was going to work out. We moved up onto the actual stage part and that helped to keep the wind and sand out.

Phil Chandler was the guy who pinned on. I gave a few words about him and where he went to school and then what jobs he has done in the AF. He actually plans to get out of the AF soon so it was nice to make sure this promotion was officially recognized by his peers. He said a few words after and commented about how significant the deployment will be in his memories of the AF. We were all honored to be a part of that event for Phil (or as I like to call him – Dr Phil). I present Capt Phillip Chandler.

No comments: