Pages

Monday, June 9, 2008

Trucks - again

After some initial confusion, the truck battle has settled. We turned in our Truck for an Explorer. Most modern day soccer parents might be happy but I think we would have preferred our truck back. It could seat more/hold more with the bed. The good news is we still have a vehicle.

I scrounged for some boxes behind the PX the other day. Need to start shipping home some of my winter clothes that I do not need and don’t want to carry back. I just finished a Randy Alcorn book – Deadline. I really enjoyed it. I plan to read more of his work and would recommend that book to others. It’s a good Christian fiction piece. It has a more overt message than the Dekker books I usually read.

The last few days have not been newsworthy or full of great humor…not that they are bad, just same old same old. One good news note – since I haven’t focused on food for a while I’ll make up for it. They installed some fountain drink machines…I was worried my Dr Pepper days were over. I just knew they would install soda in the fountains to save on buying cans. If they did DP was surely not going to be one of the options. To my surprise they are juice fountains instead of soda. Looks like the cans will stick around for a few more days. Wahoo!

No comments: