Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Headphones

This message is not intended to encourage anyone to buy me headphones.

The set I use to listen to music while I exercise has a short in the wire to so I get one ear to work constantly and the other is only intermittently. I’ve dealt with it now for a week or so. I have browsed the PX (out of stock) and the Haji shops (what we call the local guys who set up outside around the PX). They have some but they want $15-20, just for a small set of earbuds. I’m hesitant to pay that much for some silly off-brand fake. I’m holding out for the PX to get re-supplied then I will spend fewer dollars on new ones. I have some headphones I can use to listen to music, but they are too big to take to the gym and run on the treadmill with them. There’s no real point or life lesson here…just jabbering on.

Our good friends who were stationed in Norway are back on their way to the states. K is very very excited to see them. Daughter #2 sent me a DVD from her kindergarten class. It has the class doing some songs and dances. They sent it to me for Memorial Day. It’s really nice. I have finished the Inside Delta Force book by Haney. It was a good read. I found his insight into the early days of US Counterterrorism very interesting. In one section he talks about his role in the failed mission Desert 1 (to rescue the US Embassy hostages in Iran). Then I stumbled upon a book by Col Kyle (USAF) called The Guts to Try. He was the on scene commander for that failed mission. And his book tells that story in detail, so I am reading that now. Enough random thoughts for a Tuesday.

No comments: