Pages

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Attention K-Mart Shoppers

I knew my readers would not let me down. A couple of you submitted some questions/topics that will work out just fine. Keep your questions coming and I’ll do my best to oblige.

First off – the PX: What exactly do they sell?

It’s kind of like a big convenience/gas station store (from a size perspective). There are 5 aisles plus an entertainment section. Aisle one has soaps, cleaners, personal hygiene and room cleaning kind of stuff. A2 has foods – mostly snacks, chips crackers, candies, a few canned meat products. A3 has a mix of military goods like weapon slings/holsters, knifes, belts, flashlights, plus tobacco products, and weight lifting powders (everyone thinks they should look like Hercules over here). A4 has clothing - socks, undergarments, athletic uniforms for Army, Air Force and Navy, plus a small selection of bedding sheets, pillows etc. A5 has cards, magazines, paper/pens/office supplies, batteries, clocks, lamps, storage bins, small refrigerators, microwaves, coffee makers, etc. The entertainment section has some computer hardware (external hard drives to store all your music and pirated movies, headphones, thumb-drives) software, game systems (Xbox), Small TVs, DVD players, IPods, and a selection of music, games and movies. There are a couple pallets of soda 12-packs that cram action alley, and some coolers along a wall to buy a cold drink. Prices are mostly reasonable. Some things are expensive (tobacco products – from what the guards tell me) while some are the same price as back home.

And that is the best tour I can give of the things available to buy in the Bucca PX. A follow up question was what do you want that you can’t get? I don’t really need anything. I have pretty much all I “need.” The one thing I wanted to buy but they didn’t have is some cologne. They have a small selection, but were sold out of all of it when I went over. I think I asked someone to mail me some, so don’t feel like you need to help out there.

Keep those comments/suggestions/questions coming and I’ll try to answer them.

No comments: