Pages

Friday, April 18, 2008

Under the Weather

Greetings to you from the land of the Fertile Crescent. Things are not so good these days. I’m sick (cold & congestion), my roommate has Pneumonia, and some of the other guys are sick as well. I think most of us are on the rebound, but it’s certainly no fun being sick. Since yesterday was our virtual Friday (no cases on Fri – so Thursday is like the beginning of our weekend) and I did not have to read cases for the next day, I came back and crashed. It was nice to get some sleep, but it messed my sleep schedule. I woke up and realized dinner was ending in 10 minutes, then Chuck says it was Mexican night – DOH! My favorite. So I hurried over and made it in just in time to get some dinner before they closed. In another blessing some of the MNFRC guys were coming in to play a game with dice (like yatzee – but different) so I sat with them and ate and played a quick game.

The other reference to weather is the sand storm. I think most of the country is socked in with heavy sand storms. It came in yesterday and howled all night. Seems to still be here today as well. Not sure how long it will last. It doesn’t impact us very much in the day to day operations, just makes it more painful to be outside.

I’ve been busy with the standard work of cases. Nothing new there. Although we are reducing the daily docket by a few cases, which I think helps everybody. It let’s us spend more time with each case and allows us to be more thorough. Just finished another letter to my pen-pal kid in Vegas. His note was cute. He said I have much valor. Maybe compared to some, but then to others I think not so much. I read a daily devotional type book that is based on Psalm 91 that contains many stories of people who believe that specific Psalm kept them safe in times of war. As I read of people who suffered in the Bataan Death March in WWII, I can’t even begin to compare my service with theirs.

We passed the halfway point this last week. Now it is all a downhill slide. Here’s a pic from where I hang my armor during the day when I am in the courtrooms.

No comments: