Pages

Monday, April 28, 2008

Casting Lots

Well I had a nice picture to show you of a few of us playing a game of dice, but the formatting of the picture didn’t work out. Anyway it’s a simple game, kind of like yatzee but with different point structures and all. It’s a way to kill a few minutes after dinner. No real point just mentioned something we do.

Had a buddy cut my hair and then he asked me to cut his. Yikes. Mine is easy – shave it all off. His actually had some shape/form to it. I did an OK job. After looking at it at dinner…I think I missed a spot, but it looks ok. I think he is about as worried about his hair as I am. A third guy was going to get his cut but never showed. We think he chickened out.

I heard the CNN piece was to air today but on the International channel (instead of CNN US). Let me know if you see it.

One last thing. The bathrooms close to my POD are starting to get some graffiti…and it’s silly religious graffiti. Bible verses about Jesus and all. Not sure what person thinks his best evangelism method is writing on smelly bathroom stalls, but to each his own I guess. Along that line of thinking, I caught a story on the CBS Sunday morning show while I was in the gym called “For God and Country.” It was an interesting essay on whether the military is becoming too Christian. They had some USAFA stories, the Christian Embassy group in the Pentagon, plus a few Army stories. The angle they were sorely missing was latrine propaganda. The story would have been a Pulitzer Prize winner if they had included that as well – I’m sure of it.

No comments: