Pages

Friday, April 25, 2008

Baby Steps To Better Training

I’ve been working for a few weeks with the legal guys on some new training materials for those that come in and sit on boards with us. We get a new group of board members every few weeks and one of the constant feedback items is more training. As to be expected with all modern paperwork items…we built a power-point presentation. Today was the first time with the new format (slides versus off-the cuff). I think the training worked out OK. I was just involved in one piece where I gave the guys some insight into how to read the folders and pick out the good stuff. As with anything, you can make it better, and next time we’ll do some stuff different, but overall it worked out well. I’m glad we made some steps in a positive direction to give them some good tools to run the boards.

I sat on a board the other day with a Marine Gunny-Sergeant from AR. He grew up on a farm and picked up on one of my comments about my Mom having grown up on a farm. He said life in USMC was easy from a physical perspective after growing up working outside on the farm so much. No real point here – other than small world.

One of the suggested items from the slow news days was a step count.
From my POD to the bathroom: 93 steps
From my POD to the D-FAC: 314 steps
From my POD to the phones/computer place to post my blog: 377 steps
From my POD to my office/court area: 1860 steps (approx. And I try to walk that one as little as possible – especially in the mid-day heat).

Rumor from Pubic affair guys is the CNN spot will run on CNN-International not CNN US – but it still has not aired so who knows what they will decide.

No comments: