Pages

Monday, April 14, 2008

O's vs E's

Our court guard force is swapping out. The new guys are already in place. The experienced ones have shared the tricks of the trade. Before they left we wanted to do something nice for them. We had a small gathering for dinner one night and tried to say thanks for always keeping us safe. I was dreading it becuase a) I'm standoffish - and this was a large group dinner and I'm never one to say yes to those (see old blogs) and b) it was planned for a mid afternoon start (see previous blogs, heat, flies, smell, etc.). Actually it worked out very well. The food was great and we all kind of hung out, took some pictures and had a good time.

Eventually there was a challenge - Officers (board members) vs Enlisted (Guards). Sand-Football was the game of choice. After some delay about getting people to play and the "rules" we finally started. I'm proud to say the Officers had a great showing. We commented later that it might have something to do with most of them being smokers...and running was an issue for them - nevertheless - we O's were victorious. There were some challenges of cheating...but we all had a great time. I did have a sweet one-handed catch of a pass from Brandon that would have been on Sportscenter, but my quota (15 min) of fame is rapidly being used up elsewhere. I'll admit I'm a little sore.

Still no sign of the CNN tape. Not sure if it was too much for them to show, or it is still in public release review with the military...whatever. I'm still hopeful you'll get some viewing of what it is I do everyday.

No comments: