Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Look into my eyes...

Day one of my part in the Multi-National Force Review Committee. It was actually easier than I expected. I worked hard doing my homework and prep. I spent 4 hours with the files the day before. Hoepfully I can get that down to a more manageable time.

The questions came easy since I had spent so much time with the files and took decent notes on what I wanted to quiz them about. As expected some were easy to decide and others were difficult. In the end it comes down to your own judgement. As I have said before - the culture under SH was one that did not tolerate people admitting to anything - otherwise they were killed. They grew up in a culture of deception. I did my best to look them in the eye as much as possible. I'm not sure I'm that good at reading people, but I at least feel better when I do that. They won't hold my stare for very long.

I won't share results or specific cases, but you should know it is quite a cross section of society and situations.

I'll stop before I accidentaly say something I shouldn't.

Because of the manning situation I'm not on the board tomorrow. This week I am kind of on a one day on one day off. That will allow me to review files on the off days.

Had hoped to watch Alien vs Predator Requiem in the small "movie room" in the MWR facility attached to the gym - but it was such a bad copy and bad plot I only stayed for the first 30 mins. The daily rag Stars and Stripes I have referenced before does not get here dialy. That's kind of a bummer. SO news that way is a few days old. I still have some access to TVs and I can burn my precious internet time on foxnews.com but I usually do not. No jackals here that I know of.

To clarify something from a reader - The showers and bathrooms are in metal trailers - not tents. It' s kind of like a locker room arrangment. The sinks and showers are in one trailer and the toilets are in another trailer. Kind of annoying - but I see why they do it to make management of the blackwater easier.

Thanks for your prayers and support.

No comments: